So today I started out very ambitious, was going to get some cleaning done, try wearing Matthew in a back carry for the first time and when I had mastered that, take the kids to the park. Well, I got a little cleaning done and then I had the kids clean up their messes while I tried out the back carry in my wrap with Matthew. Guess I didn’t wait long enough after I fed him. He spit up about 5 times on me… in my hair, down my shirt, all over my bed, on my jeans and all down my arms. The back carry was a total fail. I think the women that can do this single-handedly must be double jointed or something. So now I smell of “Eau de Bebe Puke”, my back hurts, we can’t go the park because I need a shower and the kids are upset about that and now I have more cleaning to do. Great. Is it naptime yet? I’m gonna have to find a better way to get Matthew wrapped and on my back…hmmm. What I need is a Starbucks. And a massage. And a vacation. But mostly, a shower. At least I can afford the shower 🙂
So yesterday, as we all know was Valentine’s Day and Tim and I had talked about going out together this coming Friday for Valentine’s Day. I was okay with that, but I really wanted to do something special on the actual day since I was going to be babysitting for the friend of mine in the evening. So I suprised Tim at work looking all fabulous and took him out to one of his favorite restaurants, Outback Steakhouse for lunch. He took the rest of the day off and we went home after picking up the kids from my mom’s and hung out till it was time for me to go babysit. That was fun! I was so nervous though that he would totally hate the fact that I’d shown up at work to suprise him. He was pretty thrown off, but warmed up to the idea. He’s not really the type of person who enjoys day-modifying suprises, but he liked this one.
I like doing lunch. There’s a different feeling about lunch than there is about dinner. Lunch seems more unexpected, more carefree and more lighthearted. Dinner is nice, but I feel a little more serious. I like lunch. It’s more my personality. I like the sound of “Let’s do dinner.” But i LOVE the sound of “Hey, let’s do lunch.” I always loved going out to lunch after church which was a rare treat when I was growing up, I loved Easter lunches with my sisters in our pretty Easter dresses and hats. I loved when my mom or dad would come steal me away from school to go out for lunch, I loved early release my senior year in highschool when me and my friends would all take over a Wendy’s or someplace for lunch. I loved going to ASU to pick up our friend Mike when were were in college shortly after Jadon was born and taking him to lunch at Taco Bell or Wendy’s. I love the lunches after Thanksgiving with the little sandwiches made of rolls, turkey and cranberry sauce. Lunches in small little local places while on vacation. I love that painting, “Luncheon of the Boating Party” by Renoir…
I have a lot of fond memories associated with lunch, so for me it holds good, happy light-heartedness and fun. So here’s to lunch! Cheers!
545. Who is your favorite visual artist? Norman Rockwell.
546. What would you like to protest against? I think most protesting is silly and ill thought out… but if I had to choose, I would protest abortion.
547. What or who do you support? I support my family and friends.
548. If you found out you were pregnant today, would you have an abortion? Absolutely not.
549. Do you like picking out greeting cards or would you rather write your own? I LOVE cards. I love picking them out and have been known to give more than one because I couldn’t choose 🙂
550. Do you like to be thought of as mysterious? No. I’d rather people know who I really am!
551. What is the most magical thing that has ever happened to you? Seeing my babies on ultrasound.
552. How would you tell your friend his or her fly was open in public? I usually lean over and whisper it into their ear and then move in front of them really quick so they can remedy the situation without drawing attention to it.
553. Does a good friend tell you you’ve got something in your teeth or pretend not to notice it? A good friend tells you. A best friend waits until after you flirt with an attractive guy and then tells you while gasping for breath in between howls of laughter.
554. The world has many secrets. Have you learned any? Will you share it? The secret of marriage= love and respect. One tip: try telling your husband “I respect you.” You’ll be suprised at the reaction 🙂
555. Are there any bands you like so much that you want to get their music video collection on DVD? nah.
556. What do you need advice about? Well, at the moment, how to get Matthew SECURELY fastened to my back! (preferably without being bathed in spit-up during the process.)
557. Have you been half-asleep and have you heard voices? Haha probably
558. Do you have a good luck charm? No, i don’t believe in those.
Till Next Time!