Well, today was my first ever experience with Bountiful Baskets and I have to say,…it was a success! What a great thing to have found! I wound up getting the regular basket, the italian pack, and the bread pack. I was shocked at all the stuff I got! The basket was $15 and included: 6 apples, 6 pears, 4 asian pears, 1 bunch of 7 bananas, 1 head of cauliflower, a sack of potatoes, green beans, brussel sprouts, collard greens, grapes, and persimmons. Then I got the italian pack for $7.50 that included: 2 green zucchini, a head of garlic, fresh parsley, fresh basil, fresh rosemary and some other fresh herb which smells good but honestly I have no idea what it is…oregano maybe? also, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, 1 red onion and 2 white onions. Lastly, for $10, I got a bread pack which included 5 loaves of 9 grain bread. What a great deal! Now I just have figure out what to do with all this bounty 🙂 I am embarrassed to say I have never cooked with much of this produce, but I am looking forward to trying new things. I plan to use all of it with one exception: mushrooms. I cannot stand the sight, smell, taste, texture or idea of them. Luckily, neither can Tim or the kids. So if anyone wants some mushrooms, let me know! 🙂 You can imagine I was less than excited to get the collard greens and the brussel sprouts. This is the stuff children’s nightmares are made of. However, I’ll try anything once, so we’re gonna give it a whirl and try some recipes that I’m hoping will make these greens go down easier. I have no idea at all how to cook collard greens or brussel sprouts, but after looking around online, I found some recipes that sound appetising. If you have any suggestions, I’d love to hear them! I thought at first, “Hey, why don’t I just drown these in cheese?!” Yikes, probably not very healthy haha. Also, persimmons?! What in the world do you make with persimmons?? I found a recipe for some persimmon brunch cake that looks good from the picture 🙂 We’ll try that. Had to go pick up more eggs from Sam’s Club today, but ladies and gents, we are still within our budget! Yay! And we are gonna stay in budget because there’s nothing else we are gonna need from the grocery store before pay day this coming Thursday! WOO HOO! We did it! We fed four people for less than $10 a day! I like the sound of that, let’s keep it up!
Q&A Time again!
383. Are you self-conscious? I wish I could say no, but I can’t. I can be very self-conscious about some things. As much as I like to stay confident and fabulous, there are things that make me freak out. I get self-conscious because I don’t have a degree, I get self-conscious like most mothers when my kids are mis-behaving and sometimes I am self-conscious because I am very pale. Like really pale. Think of the most pale person you know and then think of someone paler…that someone is…me 🙂 haha
384. What would be your ideal destination for a Saturday afternoon? Hmm…well, I enjoy Saturday afternoon naps with my hubby, so I guess home would be ideal 🙂
385. Does anyone have a video tape of you doing something embarrassing? Yes, my parents have a TON of videos. Pretty much anything when I was really little and talked waaaay too much, or anything of me as an adolescent who hadn’t gotten braces yet, or as a dorky pre-teen who had braces, or as a make-up challenged girl in her early teens, or as a silly school girl who had a MAJOR crush on a basketball player as a highschooler…oh who am I kidding? I do a lot of embarrassing things haha.
386. What is Kevin Smith’s(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Smith) best movie? I hate these questions.
387. Where do you like to go on Friday or Saturday nights? I like to go anywhere with Tim 🙂
388. Do you like your friends to act the same way all the time or do you accept their moods and changes? I like non-flaky friends. If you are not a flake, I can deal with moods and changes 🙂
389. Do you often feel like other people are judging you? Yes, and I need to not think about it so much.
390. What do you think other people judge you to be like? Woah, yikes, I try not to think about it. I would hope it’s something good!
391. Are you quick to judge others? I can be, but I’m working on that. It’s so easy though, you know??
392. When you have a fight with someone do you want to talk about it right away or calm down first and then talk? Depends on how much self-control I feel like I have. Sometimes I need that little bit of time to regain some control so that I don’t say things that could be hurtful and make the problem worse. Most of the time though, I like to just have it out and be done with it, rather than drag it out.
393. Some say love is a river (according to the old song). What do you say love is? I say it’s a singable thing.
Till Next Time!