In the wake of Tim returning from Baltimore, getting the household back in order and working on school- sadly my Dear Diary, you have been neglected. My house is now decorated for fall and it is getting a bit cooler! It’s still in the 90’s, but it makes being outside more bearable. I am so excited for it to get cooler and cooler! I love decorating for fall! I am not quite sure where this love of Autumn and the urge to celebrate it by decorating with dead leaves, pumpkins and scarecrows came from. Growing up, my mom never decorated for fall. Just wasn’t her thing. I don’t think the thought of decorating for it ever really occurred to me until I worked at Hallmark. I think my love of fall began there. I remember getting in these shipments of gorgeous decor and thinking, “These are beautiful, I’ve gotta get me some of this!” So I did! And I never looked back. I don’t go overboard with it like I do for Christmas, but when you walk in my house during fall, my house definitely looks and even smells like Autumn. My favorite homey smells are pumpkin and spice smells and it’s one of my favorite things about the season. Just some fall accents like dried flowers here and there, a cornucopia overflowing with fall leaves, flowers and fake produce on my table and a small scarecrow sitting on my piano, Like I said, it’s nothing too crazy. Although I think my sister-in-law Katy would beg to differ because of the raven I have perched on our TV, she says it’s creepy just sitting there watching you while you watch TV. I just laugh and point to the little dwarf owl I have perched on the other side of the room. I don’t know why I have a thing for fake birds haha. I even named them, my raven is named “Edgar Allen Poe” and my little owl is named “Socrates.” I don’t know whether this makes the fact that I have fake birds more creepy, or makes it cuter…hmmm…oh well. Enough of that. Happy Fall everyone!
We are all doing well, Jadon is getting over his latest bout with asthma and praise God, we didn’t have to take him to the hospital this time. Lilly is doing good too, getting bigger and more talkative everyday. And my little Matthew is great and getting oh so smiley! Especially in the morning! As my mom says, “His face can hardly contain all his smiles!” and it’s true 🙂 Tim is doing well and adjusting to life back here. He had it pretty good in Baltimore, no responsibilities really, except waking up, going to class, finding food and doing his homework. And I am getting used to not being the Big Boss here anymore. It’s a bittersweet surrender of power haha. I am happy to hand the title back over to Tim after having all the responsibility for 2.5 weeks, but then again, I liked having all the decision making power instead of sharing it and having the control and final say. Well, Tim does these things so much better than I do anyway 🙂 I am so glad he’s home! You know, it’s actually been a bit strange having him home? We are all doing some re-adjusting. Reminds me of the classes my in-laws teach military families about getting re-adjusted when a soldier comes home. Of course, our situation is on a much, much smaller scale, but it is surprising how quickly you get acclimated and learn to cope when one or the other is away.
Time for a little unneccessary information about me:
336. Do you believe that there is someone perfect for everyone or that people just fall in love with who ever they are with at the time? Well the hopeless romantic in me says that yes, there is a perfect someone for everyone. However, I don’t think there is. I don’t think everyone is meant to fall in love. As for the question of if people just fall in love with whoever they are with at the time? I don’t know. I know when I was younger and had boyfriends, I thought I loved them. Not to sound cheesy, but seriously, I didn’t know what that kind of love was until I fell in love with Tim. I think you can love someone without being “in love” with them too. I loved Tim for awhile before I found myself “in love” with him. It’s about putting the work in to get to know the person and make a relationship work. **gets down off soapbox**
337. Do you know secret things? Yes, despite what others may think about my secret-keeping ability, *cough, cough* (Mom) haha, I keep a great many secrets. Not so much about myself, but about others.
338. Have you ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn’t have? No.
339. How do you overcome your fears? Depends on what I find myself fearing. Mostly, I get over my fears when I have to. When I find myself in a situation where I’ve just gotta suck it up and do it.
340. What can you do better than anyone you know? Love my husband and raise my children. Also, I have yet to find someone who can make a better lasagna than me- haha any challengers? 🙂
341. Would you benefit from a wilder existence? I have 3 children…I think my experience is “wild” enough!
342. Does it seem to you like the range of socially acceptable behavior is getting smaller or larger? Larger I think.
343. Have you ever fired a gun? Yes.
344. Are people becoming more afraid of each other? Interesting question. In general, and without going into a huge analysis of our society…yes.
Till Next Time!