Well despite the late night visit to Labor & Delivery last night, the news is really great! The night started out with me having contractions that started getting regular and timeable around 7 pm. They were about 8-9 minutes apart and then they got closer and closer together. I did not want to go to the hospital but Tim finally said, “Ash, you gotta go in, I’m calling your mom.” when the contractions were getting to be less than 3 minutes apart. We packed up the kids and took them to my mom’s house before heading to the hospital. Once we got there, the triage nurse who had seen me before the last time I was there recognized me and said she felt so bad for me about the whole mag drip thing etc. She said if I had dialated any further, that I would likely be put on the mag drip again to postpone delivery as long as possible. Ugh. Do you ever have those moments when you’re at the doctor’s or the hospital when they bring up something that doesn’t sound pleasant and you think for a minute, “Okay, if I leave now, I won’t have to do this.” and you start planning an escape route. Just as I was getting to the car in my escape fantasy, the nurse said, “Okay let’s take you back and put you in a bed.” Too late now. We got all settled in a bed and turned on the TV and waited for the nurse. She came in shortly and hooked me and Baby up to monitors and left. After monitoring my contractions for awhile, she came back in and said they would to an FFN test that would check to see if I would deliver within the next two weeks or not and then check to see if I’ve dialated. I fully expected to have dialated some since I had been having so many contractions. But when she checked me, to both our suprise, I had not dialated at all! Praise God! That meant no mag drip! But most importantly, it meant that things were looking better and better for Baby to be staying in for awhile! The results for the FFN were gonna take about an hour and a half to come back and because the contractions had slowed down a lot and were not doing anything to my cervix, they released me and said they would call me later that night with the results. Tim and I were relieved! We left and went back to my folk’s to pick up the kids and then went home. Shortly after we got the kids put to bed, we got a call from our nurse at the hospital with the results. Negative! Yay! So basically, we are 99.2% sure that I will NOT be going in to labor in the next 2 weeks. This is such great news! I am pretty much guaranteed to make it to 34.5 weeks and that is awesome! We both went to bed very happy and very much relieved. I am still on bedrest and medication until likely 36 weeks, but we know that if I continue to do what I’ve been doing, I won’t be going into labor for at least 2 more weeks 🙂 I am praying now for very little if any time in the NICU for our little one when she/he arrives. Not only because that would mean Baby was healthy and strong, but also for a selfish reason. When we had Lilly, she was in NICU for a week and we were not allowed to stay in the hospital that long, so we were discharged 2 days after she was born. It was emotionally one of the hardest things ever, to be wheeled out in the wheelchair with all your stuff and no baby. Of course you know you will be taking your baby home eventually, but it’s such an empty and sad feeling to be leaving part of yourself behind 😦 That is not something I want to do again. I am hoping this Baby holds out long enough that we will be able to all go home together 🙂
Well, today has been interesting so far. Jadon definately didn’t get enough sleep last night even though both of them slept from about 12:45am to 9am. He is super grouchy and whiney. Ugh, is it naptime yet? haha. I am not really feeling so energized either. Lilly seems to be the only one here who is happy and bouncy! Hopefully the day gets better. Poor Tim is at work today. I don’t know how he gets up and goes to work after only 4.5 hours of sleep. My kids are right, he really IS Superman 🙂 I’m thinking an early bedtime for the Krupnik Family is in order for tonight!
Some Q & A:
158. Have you ever had a spiritual experience (an experience that cannot be explained by science)? Yes!
159. Do you believe that this experience was truly mystical or do you think there is some scientific explanation for it, only you don’t know what it is? The only way to explain it is: God.
160. Do you get offended easily? No, not anymore. I used to, but I really worked on that.
161. Would you still love and stay with your signifigant other if he or she had to have a breast or testicle removed? Is this relaly a question?! haha of course I would still love and stay with him! We said, “Till Death” and we meant it!
162. Do you believe in fate or free will? Ahhh haha I have so many friends that believe differently and I don’t really think it’s that important. Let’s focus on our commonalities, not our differences.
163. Do you believe that only boring people get bored? Hmm…no I guess not because I get bored sometimes, but I don’t think I am a boring person.
164. Can life change or are we all stuck in vain? Life can change!
165. What changes are you afraid of? I wouldn’t use the word, “afraid” but there are definately changes I’m not looking forward to like people I love dying, getting old, and my kids growing up and moving away.
166. Are you a day person or nocturnal? I am a night owl for sure but having kids demands that I am a day person as well haha.
167. What one CD could you listen to for an entire week (no mixed CD’s, it must be an album)? Woah, what a tough question! I suppose it would be Caedmon’s Call’s “40 Acres” CD.
168. Which is worse, working in retail, food service, or an office? Well, I’ve only worked in 2 of the 3 (retail and office) and I would say retail was way worse than the office. But I would never want to work in food service, so I would say food service is the worst.
169. What’s the coolest job you ever had? Being a mommy 🙂
Till Next Time!