Well, I am feeling better and better on the medication and my energy levels have definitely picked up! Yesterday I overdid it a little, but after laying down for awhile I felt fine. Yesterday I cut Jadon’s hair. He’s so funny, he used to hate it when I would cut his hair. By hate, I mean kicking and screaming bloody murder like I was Edward Scizzorhands out to get him. Then a few months ago, I had a long talk with him about how cutting his hair was such a big boy thing to do and that he could have a cookie to eat while I cut his hair and I would turn on a movie. (Yes, I bribed him, but stay tuned…it worked:) ) I gave him his cookie and turned on a movie for him and then took it super slow showing him how the electric razor with the guide on doesn’t hurt you, it just tickles a little. I demonstrated on my arm and then let him touch it so he knew it was so. Then without a whimper, he let me cut his hair! I was floored! So now when I say, “Jadon-bug, we gotta cut your hair soon.” He gets super excited and says, “And I won’t scream and cry cause I’m a big boy!” He seems to do better and better every time. Thank goodness because those times when he would freak out were NOT fun. I always miss his little afro that he gets (his hair does not lay flat at all.) but he looks so grown up with his hair all cut short. So after his haircut, we went straight upstairs to get him cleaned off in the bath and then he played in his room while I cleaned up the hairy mess downstairs in the kitchen. I was so tired by this point that I actually swept up most of it sitting on the floor and then the rest of it I stared at for I’m guessing about 5 or 6 minutes without moving before I finally got up the strength to get off the floor and finish the job. That tired. Haha. My mom came over around 1:45pm with my sister Abby to watch the kiddos while I went to my OB appointment. I and Baby are measuring great and it looks like my body is reacting pretty well to the medication! No word yet as to how long I will be on it, but probably only for about 3 or 4 more weeks! Hopefully it continues to do it’s job until then:) I am still having some contractions and I have had a few “close calls” where I’ve come very close to going into the hospital because of how strong and frequent the contractions were, but they seem to die down just as I am about to pick up the phone to call Tim at work:) The afternoon yesterday was nice as I got to talk to my mom and Abby for awhile before they had to leave to go pick up my dad. It’s so nice to have them over to talk and hang out, hopefully once school is over and summer is here they will be able to come down and keep me company in the afternoons sometimes.
Today has been pretty awesome so far, a contraction-free day (so far) and my energy levels are good! Which is handy because the kids have been a little crazy today. But right now they are quiet, stuffing their faces with hotdogs and pretzels and watching Wallace & Gromit. Today is payday (WOO HOO!) and so I’ve been balancing the budget this morning which was actually pleasant! I have a frozen pizza in the freezer so I don’t have to cook dinner tonight, I can just relax, and Tim is going grocery shopping tonight! If I had a chocolate cake, this photo would sum it up nicely how I feel today:
Ahh how I adore being a stay-at-home-mommy:) I know it’s not for everyone, but I am truly happy being at home watching my babies grow and learn all day. Of course not everyday is a bed of roses (as you well know from reading my diary) but the good definitely outweighs the bad.
136. Are you looking forward to any concerts right now? Nope, right now I am not allowed to go “concerting”
137. Of all animated movies, which is the best one you’ve ever seen? Oh man, I really love Beauty & The Beast.
138. What are the best bands or songs to listen to while driving? Caedmon’s Call, Jars of Clay, Bread, James Taylor, John Mayer.
139. What do you think is the most amazing thing that anyone has ever accomplished? I honestly think it is amazing that a woman can harbor another living being, nourishing it, housing it, protecting it for nine months and then give birth to it and without ever seeing it’s face or knowing it personally before, love it unconditionally and forever. Also, I am amazed my mother survived raising me:)
140. What could a member of the opposite sex do to impress you? Be a gentleman. Also, push-ups.
141. About how many emails do you get a day? 8-10
142. What’s your favorite thing to do online besides write in your diary? Ehhh Facebook and Craigslist haha
143. Do you believe Kurt Cobain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Cobain) killed himself or was it a conspiracy? Don’t know, don’t care.
144. Have you ever though about hitchhiking across the country? Oh goodness no. I am not the hitchhiking type. I have thought about touring the country in a luxury RV with all the amenities…that’s more my style;)
Till Next Time!