I was able to come home today! Yay! I was so homesick yesterday, I had a major meltdown right as a family friend was coming to visit me and it was so embarrassing. For those of you who don’t know, I really cannot stand hospitals. Being in them, or having people I love in them. I don’t know exactly why, I want to be a nurse someday and I know I’ll have to work in one and that would be fine, but yeah, I’m not a fan. Also, I have a way that I deal with crisis. I bottle up any tears and fears and insecurities for about the first 48 hours, but then it all comes crashing in and I have a meltdown of uncontrollable crying. It’s ridiculously embarrassing. It’s weird. I just get all my crying out all at one time and then I’m usually okay after that. Ahhh oh well, I’m glad it’s over. So for the next 4-5 weeks (at least) I will be on modified bedrest which means that I can resume very light activity such as caring for the kids and very VERY light housework and then if I have any contractions, I have to lay down immediately. I will be consistantly on Nifedipine every 6 hours regardless of whether I am having contractions or not for the next 4-5 weeks as well. If I have any more than 6 contractions that last more than 40 seconds in an hour, I am supposed to go back into the hospital. I am hoping this won’t happen until after I am 35-36 weeks:) For now, I am laying on the couch with pillows still getting used to being “up.” It’s amazing how much adjusting your body needs to be upright after laying down for more than a day. I nearly threw up the first time I tried to stand up. I am feeling better and better the more the magnesium leaves my body, but the Nifedipine makes me a bit woozy so I’ve got to take it slow:) I am trusting God that He will see the Baby and I through this and that the baby will be born at just the right time and with no complications. But right now I am so thrilled to be home with my “Little Ducks” and can’t wait to see what sorts of fun and tame adventures we will find for ourselves while I’m taking it easy. I am so blessed by the friends that I have and by all those who texted, messaged, emailed, called, etc to let me know I and Baby were in their prayers. I truly love and appreciate every single one of my friends and family. I really do have the best of friends and family, I couldn’t have asked for any better folks in my life. Tim and I are constantly blown away by how blessed we are to have such amazing people in our lives.
Guess I’ll do some questions:)
111. With all this talk of terrorism going around are you willing to sacrifice rights and freedoms for increased safety? I like to take it on a case-by-case basis haha.
112. What is the punishment you would come up with for Osama Bin Laden if you caught him alive? Um, I have no idea!
113. Have you ever named an individual part of your body? Hmm I don’t think so.
114. Have you ever been on the radio or on TV? Yes, both!
115. Have you ever won a lottery, or sweepstakes? Nope, not that it keeps me from entering:) haha
116. Have you ever won a contest or competition? Yes! A few:)
117. Do you like to watch The Joy of Painting show with Bob Ross? Oh my goodness more than anything! It’s my favorite show of all time:) It’s where I learned most of my painting techniques.
Till Next Time!