Man! My road rage is bad when I’m pregnant! I will literally find anything to complain about when someone “wrongs” me on the road… “Man, just cause your car is ghetto, doesn’t mean you have to drive like you think you’re so cool just to compensate!” or “Geez, lady, just because you have an SUV doesn’t mean you own the road!!!” or “Well, just cause you’re a man doesn’t mean you own the road!!!” or “Stupid teenagers that don’t pay attention…I’d like to find your parent and slap them for handing you the keys.” Literally, I will find anything! Yesterday, I got soooo mad at some lady. I was getting onto the freeway, and you know how “the rule” is that if it’s a two lane on-ramp, it goes every other car when you merge to a single lane…right? YES! Well, there was this car in front of me and a durango behind me so I turned on my blinker to merge behind the prius when the lady in the durango decided she would rather be behind the prius and so she starts to speed up. Now I define “defensive driving” a bit differently…my definition is that if someone is trying you cut you off, you “defensively” speed up to show them who is boss! Makes sense, right? No? Oh well. Anyway, so this lady in a durango decides she wants to cut me off, so I sped up to “cement” my position behind the prius. Well, this stupid lady decides she isn’t taking “no” for an answer and so after it’s already gone down to one lane, I look to my right and there she is! Horns on her head, flames shooting from her eyes, smoke from her ears flashing her pitchfork at me! (no, not really) I look ahead and realize if I don’t slow down and merge behind her, we are going to collide, so valuing my safety and the safety of my kids, I slammed on my breaks, gave her a good long honk on my horn and an icy stare from under my aviator shades and got in behind her. I was seething mad. Usually I don’t get this mad, but when I’m pregnant…oooohhh boy, don’t make me forget I’m saved!!
Well I was going to try to be productive before date night and take a check up to the bank to get cashed before going to pick up Tim at the Park N’ Ride. However, as I am walking out the door to do so, I look at the check and it’s got Tim’s name on it…and he didn’t sign it. I’m not gonna lie, I practiced his signature a few times on an old envelope before common sense (not my conscience, mind you, sadly) told me I could not produce a believeable forgery. So we are sitting at home for another hour killing time by watching Wallace & Gromit. Oye.
Man I feel like my brains are scrambled like eggs right now. I studied my Biology for hours today for my big final tomorrow and I still don’t feel ready. Guess I’ll be logging in a few more hours tonight and first thing in the morning tomorrow before I go. *sigh* I am having issues remembering things in the endocrine and blood systems, other than that, I feel relatively confident,…I guess. Haha. Ahhh school is so different when you’ve got pregnancy hormones acting NOT in your favor.
I am excited because I get to do a maternity photo shoot for my sister-in-law Katy in a few days, that should be really fun. I really enjoy photography. It’s like instant art! You don’t have to spend hours drawing, erasing and re-drawing etc. You just point and shoot! (Of course, I know there’s more to photography than that:) ) So I am looking around for some great outdoor areas to shoot in. If anyone has ideas for a nice urban and or flowery location to shoot in, let me know!
Okie dokie, it’s time for questions and answers!
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why? Wow, maybe I should have answered this yesterday since it went along with the last question, but it’d definately be the 1940s because I LOVE glam and glitz and the style from then was amazing!
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song? Classic rock, huh? Well, I have so many! Probably Kansas “Carry On My Wayward Son.”
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country? I live in America and Barak Obama is the current leader…change anyone?… Yes, I believe I would like to change the president, please.
38. What’s your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night? I don’t watch TV in the middle of the night, if I’m up that late and can’t sleep, I watch a movie.
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why? Well, as you can see from earlier in my post, it’d have to be the amazing driver: Cruella deVille! Also, she has fab clothes, a sweet ride and I feel like half my hair is already white:) haha
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout? Nope, I was a “Sparky”, a “Chum” and a “Guard” in AWANAs
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat? Depends on the continent. Any flight longer than 6 hours, I’d need a boat. I have spacial issues on airplanes:(
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night? Sounds like a question my son would ask…and to that I would say, well, because God made it blue during the day so that it’s nice to look at and black at night so we can sleep!
43. What does your name mean? Ashley means “peace”
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space? OOOhhhh Lordy, both of those creep me out so bad! I would say neither one!
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Pink: Victoria’s Secret
Deserve: unborn babies- they deserve the right to live!
Heart: Tim- he has mine:)
Clash: Tim’s favorite “let’s annoy Ashley” outfit…a bright red faded Wisconsin badgers shirt with maroon and gold shorts, long black socks and slides…ewww
Well, that’s all for now!
Till Next Time,